We build successful and important marketplace applications and platforms in Switzerland, and our engineering team plays a crucial role in this success.
As an Engineering Manager, you are to be responsible for our engineering team and drive the team to the next level of excellence in product delivery and technical competency.
In more concrete terms, you are responsible for the following:
- Recruit and onboard great people for our engineering team.
- Ensure members have sufficient resources and support to do their best work.
- Ensure the team follows processes and the defined best practices and meets expectations of their roles.
- Mentor and coach individual team members to achieve functional excellence and personal growth.
- Ensure a continuous feedback process and a strong feedback culture.
- Manage and deliver performance review of team members in a fair, accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure team members have a strong understanding of the business, product, organization and technology landscape in the area relevant to their work.
- Ensure the motivation and engagement of members towards the success of the team, of the business verticals and company.
- Act as sparring partner to Director of Software Development in Switzerland (CH) to enhance collaboration, team setup and performance.
- Collaborate closely with Lead Engineers, Delivery Leads and Product Members and Designers to support the performance and engagement of NVG team members.
- Reinforce the One team vision and Unity across VN-CH.
- Setup and organize informal and formal reporting lines within your unit that supports and enhances the alignment and collaboration across VN-CH.
- Report directly to NVG Director